Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8 Years

 I can't believe it's been 8 years since we had one of the best nights of our lives!  

Happy Anniversary to Us...8 years of marriage, the 4 homes we've lived in, the 3 states we've lived in, the two beautiful baby girls we brought into this world and the excitement of what the next many many years brings!

We found out just before we traveled to Arkansas that Jason was selected to be on an Accident Investigation Board for a plane that crashed this past summer.  It's a good opportunity but it will be a tough experience as well.  The timing on when he was going to leave was up in the air so we weren't sure he was going to be home for our anniversary but it turned out he was!!!

I had cooked dinner a few nights before our anniversary and made a Strawberry Sparkle Cake...the way to Jason's heart is not really through desserts but I knew he would like this one! :)

It was fun having Riley ask questions about what an anniversary was and getting to explain all that to her!
 The night before our anniversary (Monday night) Jason told me he had to be at work extra early the next morning for something or other.  I didn't really think much of it!  I woke up when I heard the front door open so I thought he was leaving for work but he was actually coming into the house!  He had gotten up early so he could go to Starbucks and get me breakfast and some beautiful roses.  Tessa was in the middle of a rough week of sleeping because she was teething so waking up to breakfast and coffee was so nice!

He also got Riley breakfast and chocolate milk so I didn't have to worry about making her breakfast either and of course she was so excited!

He got me the normally funny card and wrote lots of sweet things.  After the mushy part he simply wrote

Chores List:

1.  Have the kids ready to go somewhere for the evening by 5:00
2.  Have yourself ready to leave by 6:00.  Wear a dress or a skirt.

So...that left lots of anticipation through the day not only for me but also for Riley because I told her she was going somewhere but I didn't know where..haha!

Jason walked in the door at 5:00 and loaded the girls up.  Riley went to Hannah's house and Tessa went to Nicki's house.  He came home after dropping them off and we headed to Napa to have a nice dinner at Rutherford Grill.

We sat outside and enjoyed a drink before we went in and ate like crazy people!
 We have spent the last 3 of our anniversaries in Napa and two of them at Rutherford Grill so why break the trend???  We were laughing on the way about how someday when we're living in the middle of nowhere we will talk about how we went to Napa for several of our anniversaries...no one has to know it was only 20 miles from our house! :)

We ate like a king and queen!



 

It was such a fun night and very thoughtful of my man!  Just to have him plan it and plan for the girls was the best gift.

Here's to many many many more years!
I love you Jason!

0 comments: