Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5 Months Old

 Tessa is 5 months old!
 
She is weighing in at 11 lbs 12 oz, finally wearing a size 2 diaper, and is in 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes! 

Shortly after she turned 4 months things in regards to her sleeping turned upside down!!!  We had just gotten a nice routine and then she hit the 4 month sleep regression and it was not fun for about a week or so!  She went from sleeping a good 8+ hours to waking up 1-3 times a night.  It totally took me by surprise.  I was prepared for no sleep when she was a newborn but once they get on a good schedule and then regress it's tough!  I did some research and learned it was typical of this age and the massive amount of development going on.  So we just trudged through and hoped it would get better and it did.  After about a week things got much better and her bedtime moved up.  She started sleeping a 12 hour stretch with one feeding about at about 4 in the morning.  Some days I would push her to around 5 and then I would just get up for the day.  It felt worse to go back to sleep for just a few hours so I would take advantage of the quiet house to myself and get some things done.  Just when I got used to that she started sleeping longer and has been ever since.  She now goes to bed around 7 or 7:30 and sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00.  Yay!!!  As for naps she still takes 3 naps a day.  Usually two shorter ones and one longer one.  She's been sleeping in the bassinet in our guest room and that's been working well.  Maybe one day I'll put her in her crib! As for taking the paci away while she sleeps...well that went out the window when we hit that horrible week of sleep regression.  The good news though is that since she sleeps using the Wubbanub (binky attached to a lovie) she can now find it in her crib and put it back in her mouth all on her own...yay!

She started eating rice cereal when she turned 4 months and has been eating it once a day in the evenings this whole month and she's doing great.  I usually feed her right when she wakes up from her last nap and then about 30 minutes later I give her the rice cereal.  She is getting the hang of eating out of a spoon and now she knows when it's time for her cereal.  As soon as I put her in the high chair she starts swinging her arms and getting excited for her food!

She is still the happiest girl..smiling all day...and her grin is infectious!  She is a mover and a shaker...I have a feeling she is going to be walking much sooner than I would like!  She has been rolling from back to belly for awhile but now she is a rolly polly and rolls both ways and I sometimes even have to fight her when I'm changing her diaper because she's trying to roll away from me.

She found her feet this month and loves grabbing them and sucking on them.  It's so cute!

She also is always working her little abs to try and be upright.  If you are holding her or lay her down she picks her head up and strains to be up rather than flat on her back.  Sometimes when we're in the car I look back and she's straining to see if she can sit straight up!

Riley is such a great big sister and just wants so badly to play with Tessa!  We had her princess castle up for several days and every morning she asked if Tessa could go in the castle with her...it was so sweet!
 And here's the comparison pic of the girls!


0 comments: