Monday, December 6, 2010

The Rock...

After our time in Atlanta we rode back with Jason's family to spend a week or so in Little Rock!

It was about a 10 hour drive and Riley did great...she napped and she did great going potty the whole time as well...I was a little worried about that!
Once we got to Little Rock we got Riley all set up in her "room"...which is the closet in the guest bedroom! It's great because there is plenty of room and we can both sleep in peace and quiet. I bought this PeaPod tent for her to sleep in while we travel now and it's worked out great. I ordered it and had it shipped straight to Atlanta...I had hyped it up and she was so excited about her tent!

She especially loved having her bedtime stories read to her by Bubba and Gaby!

Sunday we went back to our church, New Life. Oh how I miss it...we have a great church here but I will always miss New Life! We got to see lots of our great friends too and went to eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger after church!

Riley and Kaleb are just so cute together!
All the kiddos had a great time running around after lunch...Reed, Ashton, Riley, and Kaleb!
Riley is never in want for things to do or play with when we are at DiDi and Doc's house...

There are swings to swing on...
a playhouse to climb on...
a trampoline to jump on...
and the best aunt and uncle to always play with her! Soon there will be a pool to swim in but this trip DiDi and Riley just pretended to swim in the pool!

I went back to work while we were in Little Rock and DiDi had fun playing with Riley all week. I had Cookie to cuddle with me and keep me company...
Riley and DiDi made almost daily trips to Chik-Fil-A to have lunch and meet new friends to play with!

We got to see some of our dearest friends while we were there...

Monday we went over to Megan's house for dinner and to help her decorate for Christmas!

There was some book reading...
and some Christmas tree decorating...Megan has the most decorations of anyone I know and it was so fun to help her get them all out. We spent several hours and didn't even put a dint in getting her house decorated! Thanks for a fun night and a great dinner Megan!
Tuesday night we went to one of CJ's basketball games!

Riley had a blast sitting with all her "friends"!
By halftime she had gotten to know the entire group of the 8th grade girls basketball team and was hanging out with them. I wasn't sure if they were digging it so I asked her to come sit by me and she said "I'm talking with my friends mom"...LOL!

I told CJ after the game that Riley was scoring him some brownie points with the girls...after all it was in the 9th grade that a certain red head would carry around his oh so cute 1 year old brother to get the girls to swoon on him. It worked on me! Now that cute 1 year old is 14 and his niece is helping to get the girls to swoon him...funny how that works! CJ is a stud though...inside and out so he doesn't really need any help from Riley! ;)

Wednesday we went to Scott and Laurie's house for dinner and got to get in some cuddle time with little Logan. I got to meet Logan when we were in College Station but I didn't get to hold him.

Riley was soooooooooooo sweet with him. She would talk in this sweet voice and he would just stare at her...what a sweet girl!
She wanted to help Scott hold the bottle for Logan!
Me and Laurie with our screaming kiddos...one happy and one not so much!
Thursday night I got to have a third wheel date with the Welch's...our super fun friends who are moving to Little Rock next spring. It just so happened that they were "house hunting" in Little Rock while I was there so I showed them around and we went to dinner at Trio's...one of my favorite places...yummy!

Friday Riley got to do some really fun stuff!

First off included a trip to Gaby's classroom where she got to meet their class bunny Oreo!


Then DiDi took her to meet Santa Claus at the mall...I was told that she talked Santa's ear off and I don't have a hard time believing that!

Friday evening we went to the Barnard's house to have dinner and do some more playing!

Deacon and Riley had so much fun together...there was lots of laughing, jumping, screaming, and dancing...what more could a kid want?


Saturday was a busy day!

We started off at Arkansas Children's Hospital to have breakfast with Santa with my friend Andrea and her family!

Me and Andrea
Riley got to write a letter to Santa!
Riley and Kaleb got to make reindeer food!
Then we headed outside where the kids got to get on a firetruck!
There might have been some sleigh riding!
There was definitely a visit with Santa...what a fun morning!

After breakfast with Santa we headed to Gaby's basketball game and Riley got to cheer for her!

After a quick nap I got Riley all ready so Megan could take her pictures...I'll post those seperately! We had a great time and enjoyed a fun dinner at Loca Luna...another of my favorite places!

Sunday we went to church, had lunch at Damn Goode Pies with the Burns, and spent the rest of the day relaxing!

Riley thought it would be fun to make a fort in the living room and when we video chatted with Jason she wanted to take him in her fort...it was so sweet!

Sunday evening I got to attend the small group Christmas party for our old small group. It was a lot of fun and I just loved getting to spend time with some of greatest friends!

Ashley, Andrea, Me, Laurie, and Tara
We headed home the next Tuesday and had an awesome sunset to view as we headed back to the West coast!


A special to thanks to Jason's family for taking such good care of us and to all the great friends we got to see and spend time with...it was a good trip!

0 comments: