Sunday, August 1, 2010

To the lake we go...

Well as part of Jason coming home we were looking forward to heading to my parents house to play at the lake and see lots of friends and family!!!

We started out on Wednesday...what started out as a 6 hour travel day quickly turned into a 12 hour travel day...Southwest truly let me down that day but I'll move on!

We hooked Riley up with some Happy Feet while we waited for hours at the airport!

Riley did awesome despite all the delays we faced...honestly I think I had more meltdowns than her! :)

So we finally made it in the wee hours of Thursday morning and we made a Taco Cabana run while we waited for the next flight to hopefully deliver our luggage and thankfully it did...so with our bags in the car and Taco C in our bellies we drove to the lake.

By the time we got Riley down to sleep it was 3 am and I had already committed to working at our Austin office on Thursday so on 3 1/2 hours of sleep I worked all day Thursday while Riley and Jason played!

I got home to a margarita, a great dinner, and my bed...I was pooped!

Friday was my last day of work for quite a few days...a break I REALLY need!

So once I wrapped things up it was time to play!

Me and the hubs!
Jason's Aunt Michelle drove up on her Harley and hung out with us for a bit...they tried to get close to the deer!
Riley was impressed with Aunt Michelle's "bicycle" but wanted to show hers off too!

She has figured out the slight incline in my parents driveway...she flinstones it up to the end of the driveway, turns around, and flies down towards the garage...this girl has no fear!
Friday night we eat at Francesca's, one of our favorite Italian restaurants, and then went and had yogurt at a cute little place where you pick your flavor, add your toppings, and then weight it. I must document that JoePa's weighed the most...but none of us had a hard time eating any of ours!

Saturday Jason and I went running together, which is something that we love to do together, but I must admit this triple digit heat with humidity is not something I'm used to anymore!

After our run we headed up to the pool at Horseshoe Bay! Jason worked out and my dad had been playing golf so when they were both done they met us at the pool and Riley had her first margarita!
JoePa said it was his first margarita too...I don't think so!!!
Jason and Riley built a "sand castle" which Riley enjoyed jumping on and destroying each time!
After we played at the pool and had lunch we headed home and waited for the rest of the gang to arrive...the LoRusso clan!

They made it and we all took a boat ride!
For those who want proof that Riley's curls came from me...we both had great "boat hair" after our boat ride...like mother like daughter!
Aunt Michelle with all the "kids"
Sunday morning started off lazy for Miss Riley!

You see she had to move from her room into Mommy and Daddy's room with all the company in town and she was up for about an hour in the middle of the night trying to talk us into letting her in bed with us...we won...but we kind of all lost because we all lost an hour of sleep!

She had fun playing with her hat and being cool!
She also had lots of fun playing with Bubba!

We all are having fun playing with Sadie...such a sweet doggie!
We pretty much played on the lake all day long!!!

There was wakeboarding...


Floating...
Paddle Boating...
LOTS of playing on the water trampoline and slide...

We look happy and sweet in this picture...don't be fooled! We spent ALL day pushing each other off this thing!

And of course there was lots of jet skiing...Riley LOVES riding the waverunner and yells "Giddy Up" and squeals to "go fast"!!!

CJ jumping off the back...

We had a special treat for the kiddos this afternoon after the temps cooled down to double digits....sheesh!

This awesome water slide belongs to my parents neighbors but they let us borrow it and it was a hit!
Lastly, I leave you with my darling daughter picking her wedgie...this happens a lot when you're at the lake!
Gotta go...there's much more fun to be had!

0 comments: