Sunday, June 6, 2010

Some firsts...all fun!

Well this past week has been busy, fun, and warm!!!

Monday was Memorial Day and a day off for both me and Riley...we spent the morning doing some projects around the house and after Riley took a nap we headed to the pool!

She always has a blast and always meets new friends!
She loves to bring her watering bucket and play with it in the pool!

Snacks are a must!
My water baby!
After we played at the pool we went home and got to hang with this blue eyed cutie Will all evening while his parents went to celebrate their anniversary!
He is such a good baby and I just love snuggling with him!

He accidentally hit one of the buttons on this toy while Riley was cooking in her playroom and once the music and lights went off he was hooked!

Riley couldn't resist pretending to be like "Baby Will" and play with it too!
I spent much of the evening carrying him around like this until Riley went to sleep and then he ate and we snuggled!
Wednesday we went to Katie's for wine and snacks and got to meet some of her family that was in town! Carter came to play too and he and Riley had a blast!

She put her doo-rag on, tied a dog leash around her waist and a whole new personality came out...she was Max (from Where The Wild Things Are) and she roared at everyone in the room! It was hilarious!
She also tried to get Carter to be pulled on "her" leash again like she did last time and while he held it for a bit he caught on quickly and didn't want anything to do with it!
We also had a visit from Mumble this week during dinner!


Friday night we went to the bowling alley on base to celebrate Ashley's birthday...I didn't think Riley would actually get to bowl but she sure did! They had this great ramp she could use to push the ball down and the bumpers went up so she was a high scorer!
She was all about Ashley all evening!
Miss Independent even tried to pick up the bowling balls by herself...had to keep my eye on her!
My bowling buddy!
Here's some video of our night of bowling...as you can see Riley was enamored with jumping after bowling and could care less whether any pins were knocked down!


She met a little boy who was 4 1/2 that was a GREAT dancer and at one point the two of them were putting on a show for the whole bowling alley! I wish I had captured it on camera but it just didn't happen.

Saturday morning we ran some errands and then headed to meet the Hollender's at the pool and eat a picnic lunch!

Riley met some new friends again and of course she could have cared less about what I brought to eat or the toys we brought to play with...she was all about everyone else's stuff!

Here she is with a floatie and some puddle jumpers...I am going to get her some puddle jumpers because they worked perfectly in the big pool!
Riley and her new pal Sophia!
After several hours at the pool we came home and Riley slept for over 3 hours...oh how I love the pool!

I had to wake her up so we could attend Saturday night church...she did not want to wake up and just kept going back to sleep! Eventually she came around and had fun playing with her friends at church and watching Veggie Tales!After church we headed to the Burrell's for a wonderful dinner and I brought Mocha Brownies from my new Pioneer Woman cookbook...I am addicted to her recipes but am having to work out much more in order to actually eat them!

We had such a fun night eating on the patio and enjoying great friends!

Today we headed to Lake Berryessa with Ashley, Katie, and Jill and it was a blast!

Such a beautiful lake and the water was so pretty!


Me and my boat lovin' girl...ever since she knew about our trip to the lake she was constantly asking to go on "Ashley's boat"...today was the day and she was stoked!
The girls!
Riley even got to drive the boat!

We found a beachy area, pulled the boat up, and sat around, ate, and played!
Riley had lots of yummy snacks and had fun playing with Sophie, Katie's labradoodle!
It was such a fun day and we are some wiped out girls...the sun just drains you! Despite no nap today, until we pulled out of the marina this evening, Riley did great and had a blast! She has also made a huge step in potty training...she has been telling me when she has to go pee every time! Woohoo! She has had very few accidents over the last month but I still was having to moderate her trips to the potty and be very conscious of her liquid intake and timing of bathroom trips...she even "roughed it" today at the lake and did ALL of her business "in the bushes"...so proud of her!

Lastly, I just have to share a few recent conversations that Riley and I have had...she is hilarious and just so much fun to be around...she is a party all by herself and pure entertainment!

Mommy: "Come in my bathroom Riley while I put my makeup on"
Riley: "Your face is broken?"
----------------------------------
As I was pulling the trash cans to the street for pickup...
Riley: "No no Mommy...those are Daddy's"
------------------------------------------
A few weeks ago when she was not wanting to make a trip to the potty when I knew it was necessary
Mommy: "Riley you need to go potty because you just drank a lot of lemonade and it has to come out"
Riley (once the peepee started coming out): "Look Mommy...it's lemonade!"
She now says this most times that she goes pee pee!
---------------------------------------------------

LOVE LOVE LOVE this girl!

We don't officially have a countdown started yet for Jason's arrival home but I can say that it's getting close...it can't come soon enough! We are so ready to be a family again and Riley asks every night for her Daddy to hold her...I can't wait until the day he can again!

1 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my goodness, this post was so funny. Riley is quite the character!