Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love...

Gotta love Valentine's Day crafting and baking!
I saw this fun idea on another blog to cover Oreo cakesters with fondant and sugar crystals and I had to try it. I had never worked with fondant before and it was actually quite easy. Here was my first creation!

I have to be honest...while it was cute...I didn't find it tasty. I, a person who ADORES sweets, actually found them to be too sweet, believe it or not.
So the time came to improvise and I had some chocolate morsels and decided to dip the cakesters in chocolate instead!
And here's the finished product...I think they turned out super cute!

I had them out for all my Bible study peeps and Riley gave several to her little friends for Valentine's Day as well!
Riley had a special project to work on for her Daddy!
Amanda and I took the girls to the paint studio last week and found these adorable LOVE frames for them to paint!

Quite the artist...
Now we're talking...
The finished product...can't wait to fill the frame with one of the pics Wendy just took for us!
Jason loved his frame and he completely spoiled both of his girls!
I received a massage, manicure, pedicure, and lunch...Amanda got the same gift so we can have a spa day and lunch together!
Riley got a Barbie MP3 player with headphones that she has been head over heels for since she opened it...and it doesn't even have batteries in it yet! I suppose once the newness wears off we'll put batteries in and it will be like a completely new toy! She also got some Skittles and SweetTart Hearts too!
Not to mention all the goodies her grandparents sent...we were all spoiled!
Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute! I saw those on a blog to and thought to myself, "I would never make those...or anything of the sort, but I wish I would." I love when you make cute treats--good job.

Susan said...

Your treats look really yummy. Riley and her painting-a girl after my own heart!!! I'm sure her daddy loved it.