Friday, January 22, 2010

Some of my favorite things...

Sharing Hot Cocoa
This was the first time Riley tasted hot cocoa and it was definitely a suitable day!
We have had rain, rain, and more rain over the past week...actually I think 10 days straight...and it's been cold! What better way to enjoy that weather than with a warm glass of cocoa with your favorite little gal!
She wasn't quite sure what hot chocolate was but since it had the word chocolate in it she was convinced it was a good thing!
She dove right in and loved it!
She was so cute as she kept saying "hot...hot" because she felt the warmth on her glass.

We both drank all of our hot chocolate and she then began referring to it as coffee because I was drinking mine in a mug...so we actually shared some cocoa but in Riley's world we shared a cup of coffee...something I love to do with my girlfriends and especially my daughter...this was just the first cup of many that we will share together in the years to come!
Check out her chocolate grin...
Reading Our Bibles Together
Sometime last week Riley saw me doing my Beth Moore Bible study while she was playing in the bath tub...she quickly became more interested in what I was doing than eating the bubbles so I promised her she could get her Bible after bath time was over!
She received the cutest Bible from her Nani this Christmas and I just love how excited she is about it!
This Bible is written in a children's translation so it will be great when she's a little older...for now we still read her storybook Bible, but she wanted to have a Bible just like her Mommy so we sat together and did Bible study!
The hard part was keeping her from scribbling all over her Bible...she saw that I had a pen and was writing and well...monkey see monkey do! She actually told me she would "be right back" and ran into my office, got a pen from my desk, and ran back into the living room so she could write in her Bible.

This is just the beginning of our time doing Bible studies together...perhaps in the future we can do it over "coffee"
Doing Hair
It's pretty obvious that I LOVE doing Riley's hair...it's hard during the week because cute hair accessories don't go far at school and they never seem to come home with her...bummer! So I usually resort to piggy tails or a ponytail during the week, but no bows or barrettes until the weekend!
Riley is pretty good while I do her hair...watching an episode of her favorite show (either Caillou or Elmo) doesn't hurt either!
Lately she has been intrigued with doing my hair and of course I oblige!
I can't help but think back to a story from when I was young and had fun playing with people's hair...so I was playing with one of my parent's friends long beautiful brown hair and I decided it would be fun to use a roller brush and roll all of her hair...not a good idea! They ended up having to cut the brush out of her hair...sorry Alma!
I have had a few painful moments letting Riley play with my hair but all in all she's pretty gentle!

My hair definitely looked much better after Riley "styled" it!
And most of all...I love this smile!


These are just a few of my favorite things!

1 comments:

Didi and Doc said...

Love that smile, and the chocolate face. She is so smart--if the cup is to warm to hold, just drink what's inside like Hank and Kadie do. It's awesome that she wants to do a bible study with you. I think one of the greatest gifts a mom can give her child is a love for the Lord and a love for his Word. Good job, mom!! XOXO