Friday, September 18, 2009

Our last hoorah...not really!

Before we left for NYC Riley and I had a full day of fun since I knew once we returned we would be back to the grind with work and school.

We started out at the paint studio so Riley could make something special for her Nani...whom we were going to NYC to see and help her celebrate her 80th birthday! Riley remembered our last painting trip because she whipped out her creation like a pro!

Check out how serious she is!

We used Nani's favorite colors and Riley knew when she was done with each color!
Her favorite part was doing her hand prints and we made a butterfly out of them since Nani loves butterflies!

After painting we met up with Amanda and Maddie for some rides in the park and lunch! This is a new little park in a big outdoor shopping area and it's super cute. There's a choo choo train all around the perimeter complete with railroad crossings and all. Inside the park is merry go rounds, see-saws, rocking horses, and a carousel...a kid's dream come true!

Amanda and Maddie

Maddie and Riley...Riley LOVES Maddie and takes care of her like she's her baby...putting her binky in, helping her stand up, and all sorts of cute and sweet things!
I'm not sure what they are thinking about one another in this pic!

Me and my sweet girl!
After the park we grabbed some yummy Mexican food and it was nap time!
It was during Riley's nap that I got the call about my new job...great timing!
After Riley's nap we celebrated with a trip to the pool...at this trip Riley preceeded to try and tell me to stay in the big pool while she played in the baby pool...that didn't work out too well for her but I'll give it to her for trying! She literally was walking away from me and turning around, pointing her finger, and staying "tay...tay" like I was a dog..haha! She is little miss independent but I don't think she's ready to brave the pool without supervision!
We had a fun day and it was time to get ready for NYC!

1 comments:

Didi and Doc said...

How precious is the picture of her painting! Didi is putting in her order now for Christmas!