Monday, September 14, 2009

It’s a new day…

and it's my first day at my new job! The funny thing is that between the time I blogged about going back to work and now some things have changed…my job! God is faithful and I knew that He would provide first and foremost a job and secondly the right place for me. After months of job searching and a closed door to the possibility of working from home I received the job from Bank of America and while it was the job I had hoped for I had immediate stress and trepidation from the moment I received word of getting the job. Childcare was hard to find, Jason was not there to talk with, and I had to sign paperwork that actually depicted which drawer I would be able to use as well as which part of the cubicle would be mine…which snacks would be appropriate to eat at my desk and that I would not smack on the phone with a customer…not kidding…gotta love corporate America! I felt as though flexibility with the job would be few and far between and that I was making more sacrifices than we had planned on me making to be a working mom…but life is life and I decided to suck it up and give it a shot! As soon as I had everything lined up the door that had been closed in previous months miraculously opened right up and it was a complete answer to prayer. God is oh so good! Since childcare was already arranged I decided to start today and I tactfully let BofA know that I would not be accepting the position with them. All of this happened just one day before our trip to New York and it was such a blessing! We have since traveled across the country, flown our first red eye, visited Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, eaten like kings and queens with our great big Italian family, slept barely a wink, and had a blast!

So what is it that I am doing as far as work you might be wondering? Well I am working for Frames Direct, an online optical retailer, and helping them grow their military business through Armed Forces Eyewear…if you are in any way military related this is the place to purchase glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses…prescription or not…for a great discount! There's my plug! This is a new venture for me but after day one I am excited and ready to take on the challenge…there is lots to be done and I'm ready to tackle it! I will be working from the comfort of home and will be off work at 3 so I am going to try putting Riley in part time care with the sweet in-home provider that I found and like…if she remains on her current sleep schedule it should work out fine until she's 2 and can start a school program…we shall see! This week Riley's spending the whole day with the in-home provider so I can spend the days with my partner in crime…Jenn, Cooper's mom, and get my feet wet and figure out exactly what I'm going to be doing! Today was great…for both Riley and me! I had one quick errand to run before I picked her up and couldn't wait to get there! She had a meltdown when I dropped her off which I expected but she quickly cheered up and had a great day…she ate well, played well, and slept well. She was so excited to see me but I could just tell she was so happy there and had lots of fun…just the way it should be! So right now we are getting back in to the groove of things but this groove is such a blessing for our family and we are thankful for this opportunity. After I picked Riley up she and I went on a long bike ride and played outside until Jason got home, we all ate dinner together, and then I was off to my Bible study for the evening…I am glad to be working but this is a great mix for our family because I still have lots of quality time with my girl before her Daddy gets home and then we can enjoy our evenings as a family without lots of stress in starting things over the next day! I have TONS of pictures from New York and will get to that later…that's all I got for now!

4 comments:

Ashley W. said...

That is GREAT news! I am so happy everything worked out with that...I've been thinking about ya!

Meg said...

I'm very happy God has worked everything out for you! I hope you enjoy your job!

Ashley said...

What a great job! Congratulations! Riley is so cute. Hopefully your planning a trip to AR soon :)

Heather said...

I love this post. Glad that everything worked out and I hope that your new job is wonderful.