Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekend fun...and poop!

Well we have been busy girls this weekend! We started off Saturday morning with a trip to the zoo with Haylie's family and Tara and Kaleb! The zoo was free to the public and since the weather was finally decent we decided to check it out! We got there when it first opened and it was somewhat crowded but by the time we left it was "like a zoo" so I'm glad we got there early!
Let me digress here for a moment...when you live in Arkansas and the zoo is free to the public...it draws an interesting crowd. I felt like pulling several people to the side and telling them it was not appropriate to smoke while pushing your child through the zoo with one boob hanging out of your xxxxxxsmall tube top...I'll just leave it at that!


Back to our fun morning at the zoo...Haylie and Riley were so excited to see each other!
We saw lots of monkeys, gorillas, eagles, giraffes, elephants, and several other animals I had never heard or nor knew how to pronounce their names! Riley was able to pick out the animals, point, and even make a few noises...she had so much fun!


She especially enjoyed the moments when I freed her from the captivity of her stroller and let her walk around...she is getting faster and faster by the day!


Riley also enjoyed seeing Kaleb since she hadn't seen him since Valentine's Day!

Kaleb was so "pooped" from our zoo trip that he fell asleep like this in his stroller...he was OUT!

After the zoo we headed to DiDi and Doc's house so Riley could nap and get ready for an afternoon photo shoot! We went to Wye Mountain...a short drive outside of Little Rock where a gorgeous field of daffodils lies. I have always heard about Wye Mountain but had yet to experience it so when Megan asked me to go this weekend so she could take pictures of Riley I didn't hesitate for a second!

Riley had a good nap and I got her all dressed in her cute little Easter dress and she was in a great mood. As soon as Megan arrived I made the comment "Well everything is going as planned..." little did I know what the next 30 minutes would hold! We got all loaded up in the car and on the way Megan kept commenting that she smelled something gross and was implying that she thought Riley may have dirtied her diaper. I did not smell anything and was sure that this was not the case because Riley had already dirtied her diaper twice which was already unusual so I was not expecting a dirty diaper any time soon. Megan continued to smell something and I did not...until it hit me...now I did smell it! I looked back at Riley and she gave me a shy grin and we kept driving. A few moments later Megan looked back and said "oh no she leaked out of her diaper"...by the time I glanced through the rear view mirror Riley had poop all over her hand and on her face....aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! We were almost there so I hurried and parked the car and jumped in the back to evaluate the scene...not good...poop was everywhere! So we put a game plan together and got Riley out of the seat and stripped off her clothing...meanwhile she was screaming because she was having to stand in leaves and it didn't feel good on her bare little feet! It was not part of the plan to have to clean my child of poop right before a photo shoot...but we made do! Luckily she had worn a cute outfit that morning so that suddenly became the backup plan and Riley ended up being in a rather good mood for the pics considering everything...here are a few of my favorite shots!

And you can find all the shots here!

Thanks Megan for doing a wonderful job yet again...and I had so much fun too!

After the pictures we headed to dinner at Bonefish...there was a wait so we went outside and Riley toddled around everywhere talking and using the pager as a cell phone...she was in a great mood! Suddenly I could tell she was dirtying her diaper AGAIN...by the time I made it to the restroom to change her we had another mess on our hands. At this point I was willing to accept she might have a little bug so we decided head to Panera so we could get a quick dinner and get Riley on the BRATY diet (bananas, rice, apples, toast, yogurt)!

Sunday was a good day...but it included many soiled diapers! Poor Riley had some sort of little bug but she did not let it keep her down...you would have never know she wasn't feeling good! We hung out with Andrea in the afternoon and even tested out her new Bob stroller with a walk around the lake in Maumelle...I LOVE this weather! As of this morning things are looking much better for Miss Riley so I am hoping she has beat this bug!

1 comments:

The Wertz Family said...

The last picture looks like she is preaching a sermon on the mount! So cute.