Monday, March 16, 2009

Hot-Lanta

Well we had a great time in Atlanta...and we decided to extend our stay...funny story...you have to keep reading!

Riley did great on both plane rides...the GoGo Babyz wheels are SO worth the money and worked great! They would be absolutely perfect if I didn't have to remove them to fit the car seat through the x-ray machine but since they are widely used most of the TSA employees knew how to reattach them and would do it for me...very nice of them!

On the plane ride down we sat next to a very sweet lady named Valerie who we also had the luxury of flying back with on the same flight...I love meeting people in my travels! She had children of her own so was very patient as Riley occasionally whacked her in the head with the changing mat she was trying to use as a cape / scarf! She played with her new electronic book and I even pulled out my old cell phone and that was intriguing to her! She also loved looking out the window! We had a few breakdowns but she did very well and we made it there in one piece! She had so much fun on the plane and had to wake up so early that she actually fell asleep while I was getting the car seat latched into the car!
Our first stop was OK Cafe for some truly Southern food...sweet potato chips with bleu cheese dressing...chicken pot pie...squash souffle...triple mac n cheese that rocked this world! Stuffed!

Next we stopped at Lance's office as he had brought in a masseuse to give massages to all the ladies in his office...us included! The massage was FABULOUS and she said my back and shoulder muscles were very tight...imagine that! Selling a home, possibly buying a home, leaving a job, finding another job, moving to the other side of our country...nothing going on in my life that would lead to tense muscles!

While I was getting a massage Riley became the newest employee of the LoRusso Law Firm...she got the mail, sorted the mail, answered the phone (using the computer mouse), typed a few e-mails, danced a little disco, and called it a day...whew!
After a great lunch and a massage we were off to run a few errands and let Riley nap...I completely botched her schedule so she would be awake when Jason arrived...which ended up being at 11 pm...she was going strong late into the night! She was so excited to see him and kept giving him this silly shy face all weekend...she was just making sure she still had him right where she wanted him!
Saturday we had a very relaxing day...the weather was cold, rainy, and dreary...perfect setting for chilaxin'! Riley slept great and took several naps, she played with the puppies so sweetly, and found all kinds of new things to play with! We met up with Joe and Glennis for an early dinner at none other than Pappasito's...yummy!
Riley got her own little bowl and was cooking her own dinner...she would let everyone taste it as well!
After dinner we just did more relaxing and Riley helped unload a newly purchased case of wine...and then she had her own boxcar that she fit perfectly in!
Saturday night Riley slept a whopping 13 hours...mom and dad LOVED that! We all caught up on some much needed rest this weekend! Sunday we went to lunch at another great restaurant...I knew it was going to be good when we walked in and there was a display case of cakes, pies, and cheesecakes that were each a foot tall...I was ready to order dessert as soon as we were seated! I was a good girl and ate all my dinner first...fried chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries...and then peanut butter cake that was delish!

After lunch it was time to pack up and head to the airport...we all tried to squeeze one last nap in and apparently it just got us too relaxed because I missed my flight! WHAT?

Jason was dropping us off at the airport on his way back to Montgomery and I knew we would be cutting it close as Atlanta has a BIG airport but I really did not think I would miss the flight! I got to the kiosk to check in and it said I was too late to check my bag (the Atlanta airport has a 45 minute rule and I had to have missed it by mere seconds)...my bag was definitely outside the parameters of a carry on bag and it had all kinds of liquids in it that I figured security would think I was a fool! I thought if I could get in front of a person I could get some help but I thought wrong. I had to wait in line like everyone else to get full service check in and by this point I knew there was no way I was going to make my flight...and it turns out the latest flight out was booked...so Jason came back to hang with us until Lance and Barbara came and picked me and Riley up...and we went back for another night...and we didn't fly out until 3 today! I was so frustrated with myself because all of you faithful readers know that I have had many a story about flying mishaps but this one had nothing to do with anything other than me running late...geez! It was one of those "pinch me and wake me up" moments but it all worked out and we got to spend more time with family which is always a plus...THANKS again Lance and Barbara for saving the day! Needless to say we were at the airport in PLENTY of time today and there was an empty seat so Riley got to ride in her car seat and we both slept the whole way...nice!
We had a great trip and great family time...we really miss Jason! Stay tuned for some crazy traveling the Purcells are about to do...Texas, Alabama, and Florida here we come!

1 comments:

Ali said...

Oh my gosh, he's only 23,6, not 33, 6!! LOL Thanks for catching my type-o! LOL... Yeah, he's healthy, but not THAT "healthy"!! :o)