Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just a girl and her momma!

We had a great weekend and a full house...until Sunday! Grammie and JoePa came in last Thursday night for a visit and we had a great time doing not much of anything other than spending time together. Come Sunday morning, however, Riley and I were the only ones left. My parents and Jason left about the same time...my parents flew back to Texas and Jason drove out to Alabama. Riley and I went to church, lunch, and ran some errands and when we came home the house was SOOOOOOO quiet. It was interesting because I think she even noticed the absence of everyone...she was very clingy and would get scared if she couldn't see me. It's kinda cute because she would be playing in her room and as soon as she realized I stepped away she would do this scared little run where her feet were moving like crazy but she didn't really know where to go...she would start to whimper and I would come running to assure her she was not alone. It feels like Jason just left and now he's gone again, but luckily we can call him whenever we want and it will just be a few weeks. Riley and I will have lots of fun together and we'll get to meet up with him in Atlanta in a few weeks!

Here's some of the fun we had while Grammie and JoePa were in town...

We started out with a nice dinner at Macaroni Grill and enjoyed some good spaghetti and meatballs...Riley scarfed hers down!

Friday Riley spent the day with Grammie and JoePa while Jason and I took care of several things on base and went to work! She showed them her new favorite toy...her Dora chair! She fits perfectly in it and it keeps her very occupied...sit down...stand up...sit down...stand up...fall over...start over, etc. She doesn't like to share and if anyone else tries to sit in it she will pull you out!

That evening we met up with Jason's family at PF Changs and had a blast! Riley had her eye on this young lad while we were in line to order and she just kept smiling at him...I think it got him some brownie points as it appeared that he was on a double date...what girl doesn't love a guy that is swooned by a baby girl? They ended up getting seated right beside us so the shy smiles continued through our meal!
Riley had fun seeing CJ and sharing some laughs with him as well!

Saturday we all just relaxed around the house and Jason and my dad did a little yardwork once the sun decided to make it's appearance. I snuck out in the afternoon to get my nails done and run some errands. Riley did lots of playing...she danced, talked on her cell phone, read books, sat in her chair, attacked some tissue paper...imporant things in the life of a one year old!



I had requested a "mom-cooked" meal for dinner so my mom fixed lemon caper chicken over angel hair pasta, french bread, green beans, and a salad comprised of pears, walnuts, feta cheese, and caesar dressing...it was SOOOOO good and there were lots of leftovers that I have been eating on the past few nights. Those of you that know me know that when Jason is gone cereal is my meal of choice but so far I have not resorted to that...I have chosen to savor my mom's wonderful cooking first! Thanks mom for the great meal...I miss your cooking!

After dinner JoePa gave Riley the ride of her life in her Dora chair...at first I think she got a little scared but she soon realized how fun it was and when he would stop she would politely say "tease" (please) for him to continue!
We had a great time and Riley and I were sad to say goodbye to everyone!

0 comments: