Saturday, February 28, 2009

I just love this little girl...


Well we have made it through our first week without Jason and other than missing him a ton we have had a good week and had lots of fun! I have gotten to see Riley interact with other kids more in the past few weeks and she is just such a sweet girl. Now I know I'm her mom so that leads to some amount of bias but it is awesome to get to see your child's personality start to show at such a young age and I have seen Riley be an emotional, tenderhearted little girl...she will be a good friend to many! Don't get me wrong...she has breakdowns and throws fits like any other kid, but with her little friends she lets them steal toys from her and gives them hugs and kisses...she's got a true soft side!
Now the weather sure has thrown us for a loop...I recall wearing a skirt and experiencing weather in the 70's just a few short days ago and tonight we have had snow for several hours...weird! No wonder everyone seems to stay sick around here with the huge swings in weather that we experience!

This past Tuesday the girls I used to work with at my previous job threw me a "Farewell" dinner...the first of several farewell events I'm sure we will have. There is a group of about 8-10 of us that all used to work at Pulaski Bank and about half of us no longer do but we manage to get together every couple months and have a GNO...Girl's Night Out! Tamey, or "mother hen" as I like to refer to her as, cooked a wonderful dinner and had everyone over to her house. She is also a great hostess and a loyal blog follower...thanks Tamey for a wonderful evening! It was great to see everyone and Riley got to attend as well and she had lots of fun!
The rest of the week was pretty laid back...work for me and school for Riley...the evenings we played, ate dinner, and had bath time. Here's a few pics of Riley playing in her Dora chair and giving some poses for the camera!



Here she is playing peek a boo!

Last night Riley had sort of a slumber party with her BFF Haylie! I took Riley over to Haylie's house fed, bathed, and ready for bed so that Haylie's dad could watch the girls while Sarah and I went and did a little shopping...about 45 minutes into our shopping trip Sarah received a text that said "You owe me..."...uh-oh...what were the girls up to? I don't think it was too bad at all but apparently they wanted to sleep in the same room and once he put them in their respective beds they cried each other to sleep...so cute! Sarah said Haylie woke up this morning looking for Riley...so the first "sleepover" went pretty well...at least the girls had fun!

This morning Riley and I ventured out to do some grocery shopping while our house was being shown and then spent the rest of the day and afternoon just hanging out and it was the perfect day for it because it was dreary, rainy, and cold...it was wonderful! Riley took a 2 1/2 hour nap and then she played so well this afternoon!
She is a climber...she had lots of fun climbing under the chairs and table in our kitchen and she learned real quick to watch her head so she didn't bump it when she tried to stand up!

Tonight we went to a Luau in the snow...how ironic! One of Jason's co-workes promoted to Major and had a party to celebrate. Here's my little party girl!

Riley and Haylie got to play together yet again and they were so cute...they have really become attached to one another and are so fun to watch...and here's the BFF's with their moms!

They don't share particularly well but that's where Riley's tender heartedness comes in handy because she doesn't get too upset if Haylie wants to play with one of her toys...unless it happens to be her cell phone...that's another story! Luckily when Haylie chose to play with Riley's cell phone Haylie's dad let Riley use his real one...is this scary or what? A 14 month old and a 16 month old walking and talking on cell phones!

Riley had to take a break in a baby bouncy seat to text a few friends during the party...And after several hugging and smooching sessions between Riley and Haylie they tried to give each other one more hug...but since they were both so sleepy and worn out they both wiped out mid hug on the kitchen floor and both ended up screaming...Sarah and I just grabbed the closest crying baby and ended up with each other's so we had to swap the girls because they each wanted their own mommy...it's tough being friends sometimes! We had a great time and both girls played so well and so hard...they were both zonked out in the car on the ride home!

Now that it has taken me over an hour to do this post because I am dealing with our poopy desktop since Jason took the laptop I am going to grab a brownie...or two...and watch a movie...gotta love cold snowy nights...I just wish I could wake up to sunny 70 degree weather tomorrow...you never now!

1 comments:

The Wertz Family said...

Lauren, she is just to cute!