Sunday, February 8, 2009

An exciting weekend...in several ways

Well I'll start out by telling you that Riley has a new bed...not exactly a new bed but one that she can't get out of...let me explain! Friday night while I was away preparing for Andrea's shower, Jason and Riley had come home and gone to bed and sometime in the middle of the night Riley fell / climbed out of her crib! Jason heard a thump followed by a screaming baby and was terrified when he found her lying on her back next to her crib. He quickly checked her out and within minutes she was talking and wanting to play...the bottom line is that she is completely fine but we are not about to let that happen again. She preceded to stay up for several hours wanting to play and then finally her and Jason got some rest. I did not even know about these events until later Saturday morning...I was shocked but so thankful she was ok! Last night she slept in her pack 'n play because we got home late and today Jason lowered her crib ALL the way to the toddler bed level...there is NO way she can get out now. She went to bed pretty easily tonight so we'll hope it stays that way!

After we got her bed all put together we brought her into her room to show her and wouldn't you know she tried to get in...let's remember we did all this because she wanted out! Actually she just wanted her favorite bunny lovey and she successfully freed him from captivity!

So onto the rest of this weekend's events...Saturday I spent the first half of the day with Andrea's shower festivities while Jason took Gabi to her basketball game and had lunch with his family at On The Border. Apparently during lunch Riley noticed that everyone was dipping their chips in salsa and she wanted to partake. Jason would pretend he was dipping a chip for her but that wasn't good enough. He decided to give her an empty bowl and let her "dip" her own chips and she did just that! I have to say I am so proud that my little girl loves chips and salsa as much as I do...a true Texas girl!


We all hung out during the afternoon and Riley took rides on the scooter with her Daddy and went on a walk with DiDi and me. She also watched CJ shoot hoops and she really wanted to play with the basketball. She would hold it and then take it to the ground as if she was trying to dribble! It was so cute!



Saturday night was went to a UALR basketball game compliments of my work and enjoyed the game from a suite with lots of good food! We took Frank and CJ along with several of CJ's friends and they had a blast too...particularly at half time when the cheerleaders performed! Ha! Riley had a blast too...she had a cat nap on the way and at first she didn't quite know what to think but she sat in the seat and took it all in...

Once she woke up she really enjoyed the music and she danced along with everyone! She also did LOTS of walking...in the past few days she has really mastered walking and she is off and I feel like I'm constantly chasing after her...fun, fun, fun! Here's a picture of us with Sue...my wonderful boss and friend!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you're sweet little monkey is ok! I bet Jason's heart jumped out of his chest!! Hearing a "thud" followed by screams in never good!