Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sooooo.....

I have decided that every weekend should be a three day weekend...what do ya'll think?

For me it's just the perfect mix of work and play and the week goes by much quicker. We had a great MLK day weekend...dinner with the Witte's, lunch at Fantastic China, smoking a brisket, and some good relaxing!

We did spend our Saturday morning remembering the life of a wonderful woman...many of you know my dear Aggie friend Mr. Lloyd...I met him several years ago when he was a customer of mine and we have been kindred spirits ever since. He has such a caring spirit and much of that has been expressed by how he cared for his wife. He is the true witness of what it means to love "in sickness and in health." The love of his life, Marge, passed away last week...her heart gave up. My heart hurts for Mr. Lloyd, but it was also refreshing to see how proud he was of her and he knows she is rejoicing in Heaven as we speak and he will get to spend eternity with her.

On Sunday we had a rather nice day weather wise...not as nice as Cancun, but I guess I shouldn't complain! Jason smoked a brisket all day and we had some friends over for dinner. While Jason was tending to his meat, Riley and I went for a run...yet another opportunity so sport another cute hat! This her Nike hat from the Yaz fam...so cute!


And yes...those are socks on Riley's hands! We don't have any mittens and I haven't found any her size so we improvised and it worked out quite well!


Here's Riley playing with Courtney that evening!


The Burns family was over as well and I was hoping that Riley and Kaleb could play but he was asleep while she was awake and he woke up after Riley had gone to bed so they never even saw each other! Here's our family pic...with the wrong kid...and everyone but me looks confused!


So Saturday as I was typing all the fun things Riley is up to at 13 months of age I talked about what a good sleeper she was...ha! Not this past weekend! We still haven't figured out what was bothering her...perhaps her 6th tooth although none of her other teeth have bothered her much. Needless to say our little 12 hour sleeper was only sleeping 9-10 hours and waking up several times in the middle of the night! I am happy to say that as of the last two nights she is back to normal...thank goodness! I was beginning to worry that my 12 hour sleeper had been kidnapped...oh how good sleep is! Speaking of sleep...our little girl has the funniest bed head ever! She definitely has started to get her mama's curly hair and it becomes most apparent when we go to get her in the morning...here's some proof! Don't worry...my hair doesn't look like this at all since I have straightened my curly hair for many years now!

This week has been great...just normal life and evening spent playing with Riley...we have so much fun with her! She has really started walking more and now will just get up and go...how our life is going to change! She loves to crawl all over us, tear down the towers her daddy builds with her blocks, play with her daddy's hats, have fun in the bathtub sporting curly mohawks, and play with her many purses!
Tonight Jason started teaching Riley how to use a spoon to eat...she kind of got it! She did take some bites of food using the spoon, but she also rubbed it all in her hair...perhaps she was confused as to whether it was a brush or a spoon! Good thing tonight was a bath night...she was one dirty girl!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a mini Jason! what is your email addy i can invite you to carolines blog