Sunday, January 25, 2009

And we have Pigtails...

I have been waiting for this day and it has arrived...Riley has pigtails! Her hair has been growing longer and longer and getting curlier and curlier...I had been patiently waiting for the opportunity to put pigtails in her hair and finally I can!
My first attempt was on Saturday morning and it was not very successful! I got the pigtails in while Riley was trying to crawl and climb all over the house and right when I got them in she decided to throw a temper tantrum and roll her head all over the floor preceding to pull out the itty bitty pigtails that I had worked so hard to get in...mom was ready but Riley was not!

This morning I was determined to try again so this time I got her hair all wet and it was easier to get all of her hair in and I put them in while she was in her highchair eating breakfast and this attempt was much more successful! They managed to last all through the morning until nap time arrived and when I pulled the rubber bands out she had free standing pigtails...so cute!

We had a great weekend...yesterday we spent the WHOLE day with Jason's family! We ventured to CJ and Gaby's basketball games and they both played great and Riley had fun watching and clapping to cheer them on!






After the games it was time to hit up On The Border...a tradition for us that we hadn't done since right before Jason left for Iraq...yummy! Riley was performing all new tricks for us at lunch and we were all laughing in glee and she would laugh right back at us...she was definitely putting on a show! Gaby taught her Patty Cake and now she loves to play!

After lunch we spent the afternoon at their house playing and then had a great steak dinner...basically a day of eating and hanging out...doesn't get much better than that!

The weather here sucks...just thought I would throw that in! I am reminiscing of the weather in Mexico realizing that it is bitterly cold here and we can't escape it...the whole week is supposed to be cold...please go away bitter cold! Off to start a new week...hope yours is good!

2 comments:

The Wertz Family said...

I was the same way with Abby and her pigtails! I love when I get to put them in her hair. I went to take her to get her ears pierced this past weekend and she looked at the lady like she didnt want anything to do with her so still no earings. How did Riley do when you got hers done?

Lori said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I'm glad she's feeling better:)