Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Fun...

I am sorry mom for my lack of blogging lately...we have been having too much fun to stop and blog so we'll make up for it now!

Last weekend I got to have a girls night complete with shopping at Forever 21, The Limited, and Victoria's Secret...can we say semi-annual sale? Then we had a nice dinner at Loca Luna complete with a sour apple margarita! I always hate the thought of spending an evening without my Riley but this was a much needed night out for me and I had so much fun...and so did Riley and daddy!

Saturday Jason went and had some fun with his brother and dad and Riley and I hung out all day...Jason smoked another brisket but we didn't eat until 11 that night...he bought RockBand and we stayed up playing that. I have to admit that it is pretty fun and I really like it because it tells me that I'm awesome at singing...who would have thought? I have always coveted a beautiful voice and if I have to buy a video game to tell me that I have one then it is well worth the money!

I can play sitting up now...check out this girl's eyelashes...so jealous!

I played so hard that I just sacked out while mom was chatting on the phone...I must have been boring her!



Sunday Jason had to work all day so Riley and I went to church and lunch with the gang and then we spent the afternoon at the pool with DiDi and Gabi and had yummy hamburgers at their house for dinner.




Giving hugs to Uncle CJ...how sweet! She loves to smile for Christopher!


Riley loved swimming with her cool Sea Horse floatie!


Gabi and her friend Shelby had their own cute table for dinner!


Riley had was exhausted after an hour of playing in the pool...she was literally trying to lay her little head down on the float and go to sleep! So mom clued in and we got out of the pool...I wrapped her up and she took a nap on me while I laid in the lounge chair...talk about a relaxing afternoon. Even after all of that playing we got back to the house and Riley jumped in the jumperoo for close to an hour and a half...the girl loves this thing.

She bounced while we had dinner and was up an hour past her normal bedtime but it was so much fun...we missed Jason and wish he could have been there too!

We finally pulled her out of the jumperoo and she started winding down for a good night's sleep!

Monday Riley went to her 6 month checkup and round of shots...no fun for mom! She weighed 17 lbs 13 oz and is 27 inches long...growing like a weed! She spent the afternoon with DiDi and went to bunko with mom...what a day!

We are getting ready for our vacation down to my parent's lakehouse next week for a good week and a half...yeah! It always seems like you run around like a chicken with your head cut off before any vacation...packing, wrapping things up at work, packing, and did I say packing? It's hard to imagine getting everything we need, including the dogs, in the Tahoe but I imagine we'll figure something out and make it work! This will be the first time we travel and the dogs get to be inside in the air conditioning. When we had Jason's truck, we would have them in the bed and we would have to stop every hour to pour gallons of water on them, in their cages, and in their water bowl because it was so stinkin' hot so they will get to travel in comfort this year!

0 comments: