Sunday, June 29, 2008

More summer fun...and some not so fun!

Nothing like a family walk on a warm evening...Riley felt it the perfect environment to take a little snooze!
Friday evening we went to dinner with Chuck and Stacy...Air Force friends who are about to move to Guam for 3 years! We wish them the best...their first 60 days will be spent on a resort on the beach...I'm thinking that sounds pretty nice! We had a nice dinner but this unfortunately is where the "not so fun" begins.

We have constantly complained about the Mexican food here in Arkansas understanding that we come from San Antonio...home of the best Tex Mex around so our expectations are rather high! We have found that El Porton was somewhat of a decent restaurant that could curb our Mexican food craving, but unfortunatly that is no longer the case. Jason and I both had shrimp in our meals and suffered a bout of food poisoning...NOT FUN! I was sick within two hours of eating and Jason got sick early the next morning...it actually worked out good that we got sick at different times so we could take care of each other and Riley along the way. This stuff messed with our bodies as our first meals of the weekend were eaten today and still with a little discomfort. We are definitely feeling MUCH better and wouldn't wish that on anyone! Now we are about to embark on our trip to Texas and have this fear of Mexican food...how sad is that! I'm sure we will quickly get over it but right now that is the furthest thing from my mind!

Despite not feeling that great...the weekend must go on! We got to have Haylie over for a while while her mom and dad enjoyed a couple's massage...her dad just returned from serving in Iraq so we were glad to give the two of them some time together and the girls were so good and had a lot of fun together...they were both napping when Haylie's parents came to pick her up!

Can I emphasize how awesome it is that Riley is holding her own bottle? We even tried a sippy cup this week and she did pretty well. At first she just tryed gnawing on it...I think it felt really good on her little gums! She then quickly figured out how to get her milk out and she went to town...this girl does not mess around when it comes to eating...hmmm I wonder where she gets that from!

Saturday afternoon I went to Ashley's shower that we hosted...SO CUTE! We did an ice cream theme with a full ice cream sundae bar...it was a great idea and catered to Ashley because she is a picky eater but ice cream is a favorite of hers! As good as everything looked my stomach was not ready to embrace ice cream after all that it had been through so I had to sit this one out...you know I'm sick if I turn down ice cream! Ashley got many great gifts and it was yet another beautiful and fun shower!

Today we went to church and ate with the gang as usual except special guests Tom and Sydney were there! YEAH! Afterwards we spent the afternoon with Jason's family.

Okay, so remember how I told you about the new member of our family, RockBand? Well Jason's parents decided to buy it for the kids too so we spent several hours of the afternoon playing RockBand...we have dubbed ourselves the Purcellos as we are a mix of Purcells and LoRussos!







We had so much fun and the best was having CJ or Gabi sing...they are so cute behind the microphone trying to read the words fast enough to sing them correctly! Gabi is a good little singer and CJ is a rockstar on the drums! So if I haven't enticed you to buy RockBand yet I don't know whatelse to do...it is a super fun game!

Oh...here's another feature...for all you new parents RockBand is a MUST have as it will literally "rock" your baby to sleep...here's the proof! How she fell asleep in the midst of the noise of RockBand I have no idea but I guess when the girl's tired she's tired!

We also went to the pool again...this time Jason got to come too and we had a lot of fun. It went pretty much the same as last weekend...play in the pool for an hour and then nap with mom in the lounge chair! Jason was a jungle gym for the kids and a source of entertainment as he flipped them and threw them every which way and jumped off the diving board a thousand times...good times!


I have to share this cute conversation between Gabi and her friend Abby...Abby was shy around us and Gabi kept wanting her to let Jason throw her in the air and Abby wasn't too keen on the idea...

Gabi: "Why don't you want to swim with me? You keep swimming away when I play with my brother. Are you afraid of my brother?"

Abby: "Well...I'm kind of afraid...he's so big...and it looks like it might hurt."

Gabi: "He's so big because he exercises a lot. When you're a dad and you have a daughter you have to exercise a lot and get big so you can take care of her. Jason has a daughter named Riley"

Isn't that cute? I love conversations overheard between Gabi and her little friends. I forgot to share the one from last weekend...it was between her and Shelby and Shelby's parents had gone to dinner while Shelby was hanging out with our crazy family!

Gabi: "Shelby, you might HAVE to spend the night at our house"

Shelby: "Why?"

Gabi: "Because your parents are dating"

Well enough blogging for me! I am off to bed before my crazy 3 day work week begins!

3 comments:

Lori said...

The pool sounds like so much fun! I love the little convos between Gabi and her friends! So cute! We would LOVE to have y'all down here for a visit! We're even thinking about getting a jetski or two;) We're dog friendly, so Kadie and Hank are welcome too! All of your talk about RockBand makes me want to go buy one for us:)

Anonymous said...

BRAT!!! i cannot believe you are already in a bikini! be excited to watch me sport my one-piece complete with ruffle skirt to cover the booty and super-outie-to-the-max belly button!! Gabi is sooo cute!

Nicole said...

I hope you're feeling better!!! don't be afraid of the mexican food. Mexican food in SA is your friend!