Sunday, January 29, 2012

1 Month Old

 Tessa is excited to be one month old...can't you tell?

We were literally on our way out the door on our way to Lake Tahoe when I took these so I didn't have much time but needless to say she was not exactly in the mood for picture taking but that's life and I think it's pretty funny!


Weight:  7 lbs 13 oz

Sleeping:  Well of course at just 1 month old Tessa is still sleeping a lot.  She is not on any sort of schedule yet but has just started developing a pattern at night of eating at 9 and then sleeping until 1 am and then sleeping until 5 am when she is up for the day.  All in all it's not too bad and it's so nice to start getting into even a small bit of a routine.  She is napping in various places during the day and sleeping in little co-sleeper that fits in our bed at night.

Eating:  She's eating well and going 2-3 hours during the day and then going for 2 4 hour stretches at night.  She still feeds for 30-45 minutes per feeding.

Doctor: She visited the doctor 4 times in her first month of life all to make sure she was gaining weight properly and even though it took a while she's on the up and up and is gaining weight!

Gas:  This deserves it's own post because boy is this little diva a gassy one.  I remember doing the bicycle moves with Riley every now and then but Miss Tessa has a much harder time with gas.  She will grunt and grunt and scream and this tiny toot will come out.  The first few weeks she would not lay on her back and wanted nothing to do with being swaddled...so she slept on my chest all the time.  When I went on the Fenugreek for my milk it made her gas the worst ever so I went off of it because it just wasn't worth it.  I honestly thought we were going to be in trouble...I didn't mind her sleeping on my chest at a few weeks old but how in the world would we ever get her to sleep like a normal child?  Well just in the last week she has been sleeping on her back and even in a swaddle...it's such a relief.  I think a combination of going off the Fenugreek and her little belly maturing is the reason for this.  I also researched some gas massages and have been doing those on her very regularly and that helps her a lot!

Sisters: So far Riley has been just in love with Tessa...still being really sweet to her and showing no signs of jealousy!  We're constantly having to tell her to not be all up in her face and smothering her but that's much better than telling her not to hit her or throw things at her, right?   There have been lots of sweet sister cuddles!
A few firsts happened for Miss Tessa during her first month!

She got her first bottle on Jan 26 and Riley helped me give it to her!

 She took it like a champ and didn't seem to mind it all!  Neither of my girls are picky eaters...they don't care how they get it as long as they get fed.
Tessa also started playing on the playmat!

She was a little fussy at first because she wanted her binky!

 Once she got her binky she was ready to check it out!

So many people think she looks so much like Riley and while I do see resemblance I also see a lot of differences.  Here's a pic of me holding Tessa and a pic of Riley sleeping at around the same age...you can definitely see the resemblance.
Some pictures it seems like I couldn't even tell you which girl it is...like this one!  It is Riley by the way!
But when you look at them straight on I see more of a difference!  Time will tell!

0 comments: