Friday, March 25, 2011

Off to Texas...

Riley and I headed to Texas for a quick weekend trip to attend my uncle's funeral. We headed out VERY early on a Friday morning...me and my little traveling buddy!




I have to stop and just comment at what a great traveler Riley is. She has flown A LOT in her short life and she does have her own Rapid Rewards number now! She knows the drill...as soon as we get to security she takes her shoes off, she rides in her carseat with wheels all through the airport, and she sits in her carseat during the whole flight! She either sleeps or watches movies..of course we have snacks and drinks along the way too! Oh...and most importantly she always double checks the safety brochure before we take off...safety first!



We landed in San Antonio just a few hours before the service...we went to the funeral home first to make sure the memorial DVD I had put together worked with their system and then we went to my parents apartment to grab a bite and change clothes and then it was time to head to the funeral.




Riley had already had a long day but she did great...she watched some Caillou with my mom before the service while the rest of us reminisced and looked over pictures of my uncle.
I had to get up with her in the middle of the service because she was talking and making commotion but I was able to eventually bring her back in.

It was a very nice service...standing room only, great pastor, great memories shared, and a life lovingly remembered. I also was able to see so many people that I hadn't seen in many years...bittersweet day.

After the service we all headed to Los Barrios to eat.

Here's a pic of my and my cousins...Kramer, me, Karson, Quincy, Riley, and Kassie

Quincy is Kassie's adorable baby girl and Riley loved meeting her and taking care of her...I wish these sweet girls could spend time together more often.

After dinner we rolled through Sonic for some ice cream and made the trek to the lake...it had been a long and emotional day and I was looking forward to relaxing at the lake for the rest of the weekend.


As soon as Riley woke up she was ready to get outside and play.



First things first...she had to fish..made her Daddy so proud!


Then she asked when we could ride in the boat!




JoePa said not until she cleaned the boat and the dock!


So she got to work!


Later that morning we went to pick strawberries and my sweet friend Nicki and her little guy Will met up with us. Nicki lives out here in Cali with us but she is from Austin and happened to be in TX while we were so we had to have her up to the lake!




Grammie and Riley...ready to pick!



Nicki and Will



Riley..the best taste tester!


Tuckered out from picking strawberries!


Nicki and I took the kids home for naps while my mom went shopping...she picked up a blow up pool for the kiddos to play in since the lake was still pretty chilly!




Will got to swim commando and they both had a blast!


Love this girl!


We did some swinging!


and some piano playing!



Then we took a nice evening boat ride and look who got to do a little driving!



My parents cooked a wonderful meal and Riley had fun doing some dancing on the porch after dinner!




Riley and Nicki


Wonder where she learned this pose from? I see some Grandma June (my dad's mom) in that pose too!


It was definitely a bittersweet weekend but such great family time.


0 comments: