Friday, January 14, 2011

He's Home...

Well we had another awesome homecoming day...it's always a bit stressful in the morning trying to get ready and keep tabs on when the plane is landing but it's always exciting nonetheless!

Riley had her last Daddy kiss...
and she had another AWESOME picture for her Daddy!

Riley amazes me everyday but something I found truly incredible was her memory of her feelings the last time Jason came home from his deployment in July. She remembered drawing a picture for him, saying "I drew a picture for you Daddy", and then being shy. She wanted to draw him another picture but she said "I'm not going to be shy this time."

We headed up to base...

and waited in the DV lounge to hear that the plane had landed! She was so excited and asking everyone else if their Daddy was coming home!
She was also super excited to show off her picture. It actually got a little tear in it on the way to base and I assured her it would be ok so she kept telling everyone "my picture tore but my Daddy will still love it"
The plane is here!
Some super excited girls ready to be in Jason's arms!
Serious...calm...excited...ready to see her Daddy!
It always seems like an eternity from when the plane lands until they actually start offloading...so she snuggled with me!
There he is...woohoo!
My favorite picture of all time...the excitement in her face as she runs to her Daddy is priceless!
Back in his arms!
Fun time chatting as a family!
All together again!
Hand in hand...time to head home!
Had to get a smooch pic of Mommy and Daddy...Riley thought it was funny!
We had to wait awhile for all of Jason's luggage to be offloaded but he had a special present for Riley so it was time to show her!
The guys in his sheet metal shop made Riley these awesome dog tags...Jason designed them and they have her name, date of birth, a special message from Mommy and Daddy, Tinkerbell, a KC-10 airplane, and a Gig'Em Aggies picture...they are perfect and a gift I know she will treasure her entire life.

She was so full of joy and love that day and gave me one of the biggest kisses!
So happy to be a family again...and hopefully have Jason home for a long time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com