Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daddy Home = Spoiled Riley

We were very fortunate to have Jason home and off work for 2 whole weeks after this deployment!

There is always transition when he comes home...he is sleeping all sorts of weird hours trying to get back on our time, we are changing our routine to include our whole family, and life slowly but surely gets back to some level of normalcy.

Those few weeks having him off was great and is always a sweet time. He gets to spend lots of time with Riley and we go to lunch and just do family things.

This time was no different than others in that it involved some special treats from Daddy! One day he and Riley ran lots of errands and she managed to get some cool new treats!

First off was a new doll that she named "Dolly Doll"...can't you tell this girl LOVES her Daddy!

The second treat was a big surprise to me too because I had no idea they would come with another living thing...however after a trip to Petsmart to "look" at the animals Riley came home with her first fish. I think it is a princess fish...what do you think?

Jason had to brace me when he told me what Riley named the fish...she named it "Cactus"...so sweet yet it took me awhile to get used to hearing the name "Cactus" all the time...it's definitely bittersweet but so glad that Cactus can forever be a part of our family.

Riley loves to feed her fish and if it weren't for Jason the fish wouldn't get fed. I have to say I was a little leery of the whole idea at first but once he showed me the pink aquarium and all the fun things to "decorate" it with I was in and we had so much fun putting it together!


0 comments: