Sunday, October 31, 2010

The terrible horrible no good...yet awesome day!

Thursday, October 21...I went to drop Riley off for school and Jason met me up there as he often does but this time he said we needed to talk...he was being asked to deploy again...and soon. He took Riley to school and then he and I went to grab some coffee afterwards and talk about what was going on. It's a crappy situation all the way around but he felt that he needed to go as he was being asked. It's a shorter deployment than normal...around 60 days...but just the worst timing of the year as he will miss all the holidays and Riley's birthday...he hasn't been home for one of her birthdays yet. By early afternoon it was a for sure deal and we were just trying to make the best of the situation.

I knew what might pick us up so Riley and I ran by CVS to pick up some early pregnancy tests...lo and behold that thing turned up positive!!! Riley had watched me take the test and by the time I checked the results I knew Jason would be home soon so I was trying to hide it, keep it together, and come up with something creative all at the same time. I knew I had to tell him right then...what a turn around to a crappy day! So I hid the test in our bathroom and of course that's immediately where he came when he got home and we were just talking and I was hoping he would leave the bathroom...eventually he did. As soon as he was gone I gave Riley the test and told her to go tell Daddy she had a present for him...she ran down the hallway saying "Daddy...I have a present for you". When he asked her what it was she said it was a "pee"...so funny! He had no clue what she was talking about but when he saw what she had in her hand he questioned where she got it from...thinking it was perhaps an old test or something. It didn't take him too long to figure out what was going on and we are all so excited! I am still pretty early on in the pregnancy but we are praying for a safe and healthy arrival of Baby #2 in July 2011!

We have tried to explain to Riley that she's going to be a big sister...she likes the idea but when we told her I had a baby in my belly she said she didn't see it! She has however been very vocal about what she thinks the baby's name is...according to Riley the baby's name is Cactus! I don't know where this kid comes up with stuff but you better believe that our nickname for this baby is going to be Cactus!

So this day started off pretty lame and we are still not looking forward to Jason leaving in a week or so but that's our life and we'll take the good with the bad. We ended the day with a tremendous blessing and that's what matters most!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations, Lauren!! That is awesome news!! Sorry to hear about Jason's deployment but at least it will be a shorter one. I'll be praying for you girls while he's gone. I'm sure the holidays will be hard.