Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A trip to Suisun...

When we found out we were moving to Cali I, of course, researched and googled all sorts of things about the area we were moving to and knew we had three options when it came to where to live...Vacaville, Fairfield, and Suisun City! The funny thing is that they are all within just a few miles of each other but each has their own distinct charm and personality...I finally made it to the downtown area of Suisun City (pronounced "soo SOON") last week when I went to get my hair cut and I was impressed with the quaintness of the area, the architecture of the buildings, the waterfront, and the fun restaurants. It resembles a beach town and while the waterfront is extremely small it is a bay and the inlets will eventually take you to the Pacific...and better yet Jason has heard that there is good fishing in the inlets!

While Jason is working mid shifts this week meaning he goes in at 2 in the afternoon and works until the wee hours of the morning we took advantage of some family time this morning while Riley wasn't in school and strolled along the waterfront in Suisun City and ate at Bab's Delta Diner!
Jason had steak and eggs while Riley and I went for the sweet stuff...pancakes and french toast! It was all delicious!
We took a walk before we ate although we should have taken another one after we ate all that healthy food! Riley had her purse in hand during the entire walk...such a girly girl!

I wanted a picture with Riley and when I bent down she decided to mimic me instead of come to me to take the picture...she's all about being a copy cat these days!


She finally obliged, but there were doggies approaching so I had to keep my grip on her and she was not too pleased. Luckily the dogs were nice and she was able to pet them after the picture!

We had a fun time!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I love the purse. I guess we need to get Amelia one :) Pretty pictures. It looks like you guys are having a blast.