Sunday, July 27, 2008

Riley meets Papa John!

Needless to say this past week was a little rough as I battled with being sick...a cross between a sinus, allergies, cold, something or other...I have been sick for literally a week and am just now feeling like myself...I was home half of Thursday and all day Friday trying to just rest and get rid of whatever I had...luckily Jason nor Riley seemed affected! I am the type that NEVER gets sick and already this year I have had my first migraine, food poisoning, and now this! I hope that is all for this year...I am done!

Despite being sick...life goes on! The benefit of being off work a little was that I did get to spend time in my home....that sounds funny but I realized that we had not spend one day at home since June...we have been gone a lot! Saturday morning Megan took some photos for us and I have seen a sneak preview on her blog but will get all of the tomorrow and they are GREAT! I will share them with you when I get them and also about the photo shoot experience! After we took pictures we were off to the airport to pick up Jason's dad, John, from Tampa! This was his first chance to meet Riley and boy is he smitten with her...he was so good with her and took advantage of his short time with her...he even held her at 4:15 this morning while she was sleeping to get his last fill in before he headed back home!


While Papa John (this was the name Jason picked for him for now) was here we went to eat at Gauchos...a place Jason has been wanting to eat at since we moved here! This is a man's restaurant...a Brazilian steakhouse where they bring as much meat as you can eat...they didn't know they would lose money on these two! Needless to say they were full and I resorted to some pasta which was really good too. After lunch I was wanting ice cream so we drove through Shake's for my favorite Heavenly Angel! We had several Shake's in College Station so the Heavenly Angel and I go way back...we hardly make it to the Shake's here which is probably a good thing. When we got home I napped and we watched a really dumb movie, Semi Pro...like I said I napped! Jason and his dad went to hit a few golfballs and we just stayed in for the evening...stuffed from lunch! It was so great to see Papa John and we enjoyed every moment as I know he did too!



A few milestones for Miss Riley...she now has a second tooth and you can kind of see them in this pic! The second one just kind of appeared so she handled that pretty well!



Clappy Clappy! Riley has figured out clapping and she LOVES to show off her skills!



Waving...JoePa was working on waving when we were down in Texas and she has it down...it is so cute!


Sitting in a High Chair! We have one of those big pink flowery floppy seats that fits into the grocery cart / high chair and she is so cute in it. I love going to the store with her sitting up like a big girl...she just hangs on and looks around at everything! At restaurants it is much nicer having her sitting at the table with us rather than in her carrier all cooped up...I think she is enjoying this new freedom too!

0 comments: