Thursday, July 10, 2008

More lake fun...

Well we are still vacationing at the lake and what a vacation it has been...I can't even begin to explain how it seems like there is nothing else going on in the world when we are here...a true escape from EVERYTHING! We have been having lots of fun and loving ALL this time with Riley...she has done great and is a true water baby! A few milestones she has reached while we have been here is talking more...saying "da da" and "ah ga" and really trying to get her tongue to make the "the" sound...it is so cute! She is also getting her first tooth and one little part has broken through her gums...we have been medicating her and it hasn't been too bad! She is also trying to clap with some coaxing from her mom and dad...she tries hard!


Jason and I went on a "date" one afternoon this week and went and saw Hancock at the movies...it was a good movie and fun to have that time together. We also made a 24 hour visit to good 'ol San Antonio to see a few family friends and eat Alamo Cafe...we can't make it down here without a visit there!


Jason and I have also gotten to run together several times on this trip which is one of our favorite things to do together...probably more so for me than him because I like his motivation but I tend to get a little perturbed at the same time...it works for me but he kind of bears the brunt! Needless to say we still love that time together as well!


We have eaten some great meals and honestly I think I need to visit El Porton for some shrimp quesadillas when we get home to get sick and shed the poundage I have acquired on this trip...I am SO joking about that! We have eaten at Horseshoe Bay, Cooper's BBQ, Patton's, Tamale King, and had some great homemade meals as well!


Here are some more pics from our trip so far!


This is Barbara, myself, and Gabi in what we liked to call Margaritaville...we had been bragging about my dad's famous margaritas ever since Lance and Barbara arrived and it was time to prove it so he made us a batch and we got to enjoy them lakeside. Gabi mistakenly called them "mascaras" and when we referred to CJ as our Cabana Boy she once again mistakenly called him the "Banana Boy"...I wonder if someone slipped this little girl a margarita!



Riley holding her bottle like a big girl with JoePa

Daddy's little girl!
Playing in the yard with daddy!


Trouble...on the waverunner! Everyone survived!
Riley sporting JoePa's Texas A&M hat...what a cutie!
Jen, my best friend from high school and soon to be married woman, came over with her family to visit for a while...it was great to see all of them!
Riley loves her Gruncle Lance...in case you are wondering Gruncle = Great Uncle in our family

0 comments: