Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2 Months Old



Well it's hard to believe 2 months have gone by and I'm sure I'll say that every month.  Miss Tessa has graciously marked her 2 month birthday with sleeping through the night!  Woohoo!  She has been doing great sleeping and giving me a consistent 5-7 hour stretch at night but the last two nights I have put her to sleep around 10 or 10:30 and she has slept until 6 or 7...it's incredible!  We moved her to the office attached to our room 3 nights ago and she did well but I was up many times on binky patrol so we moved her back to the side of my bed.  The last two nights, however, she hasn't made one peep so she might be venturing back to the office..we shall see.  The office is going to be her home until I'm confident she can sleep in her crib without waking Riley up...that might be sooner than I was ever thinking but we'll see!

Tessa has just made our family overflow with love.  She is such a joy and is giving some huge smiles that just make your day.  She's starting to talk a lot and I always tell her if she talks as much as her big sis we are in trouble!  Poor Jason...three girls who like to talk a lot and of all things talk about feelings..hehe!

Tessa is doing great eating...so far I haven't had to supplement at all.  She's eating 6 times a day usually every 3 hours and the times vary on when she woke up that morning.  She's also eating faster sometimes which is so nice and when she does she only takes 20 minutes...what a difference that makes!

Tessa still doesn't like gas...but really who does?  That seems to be the only source of her discomfort so I still give her massages and that really helps.  I can tell though it's starting to bother her a little less so I'm sure her little belly is just getting better at working through all of that.

She's weighing in at 9 lbs 8 oz so she's still a little thing but considering she had a slow start she's doing great.  Riley was over 11 lbs at this point and was getting all those good baby fat rolls so I'm sure that's coming soon for my chicken legged Tessa!

She's into her 0-3 month clothes and while they are swimming on her circumference wise they are just right length wise...she's long and lean.  It's fun to get to break into all new clothes but they don't all fit her great right now..she still needs to fill them out a bit!

She's wearing a size 1 diaper and we've had very little issues with leaks and/or blow outs...just a few here and there.  Riley is still always interested in watching her diaper get changed...especially the poopy ones..not sure why the obsession!
As for the sisters things are still so wonderful!  Riley has yet to express any jealousy towards her little sister and she's so affectionate and loving towards her.  Of course she wants to be right up in her face kissing her 100% of the time and we have to try and get her to give Tessa some space but at least she's loving.  Riley still talks to Tessa about all the fun they are going to have, how they are going to be best friends, and that she will share all of her toys with her.  It's so sweet.  Riley is allowed to carry Tessa while walking if one of us is right there and she's done great..usually just going very short distances.  She loves to pop the binky in for Tessa if she's fussy and just watch her sleep in her bassinet.  When I pick Riley up from school she runs and gives me a hug and then directly sticks her head in the carrier to smooch all over Tessa!  Although we are constantly on Riley about not being right up in her face all the time it doesn't seem to bother Tessa much...I suppose it's normal to her by now and she loves to watch and listen to Riley.  She also saves up some big smiles for her big sister and those are the best!  I just love my girls!

Here they are snuggled together in my bed one morning...so sweet!


And here's the comparison...I see lots of differences in these pics!

0 comments: