Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Jason!

Well Riley and I want to wish Jason a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I have been in Charlotte, NC since Tuesday and am about to fly home so Jason has been taking care of Riley and he has done great and they have had a good time together. Jason was able to take the day off work today so I was telling Riley last night to sleep in for him as his birthday present and boy did she listen to her mama...he put her to bed at 10 last night and she didn't wake up until 8:20 this morning...what a sweet girl!
Sorry there are no pictures to this post...due to me being out of town I can't upload pics, but I will add some this weekend! I have had a good trip and learned a lot which was the point, but boy have I missed that little girl. Jason has been sending me pictures and last night she was just a talking on the phone so we got to catch up!
Believe it or not Arkansas was under the gun with tornado possibilities yet again yesterday...TWICE IN ONE WEEK! The Today Show had been talking about this storm ever since I got up here so I knew to watch...luckily yesterday we were doing some computer based training so I constantly had the weather channel up on my computer tracking the storm and it was just tornado watches. When I went to lunch I checked the weather on my phone and it said tornado warning and it was expected to reach Jacksonville at 11:35 which is where Riley's daycare is...I called Jason and got no answer, called the daycare and they said the were moving the kids into the hallway...still not feeling good. Luckily Jason called me back shortly after and said that when he saw it was coming he went and picked Riley up and had her on base with him, but I could hear the sirens and the base lost power shortly after that. Luckily there were no touchdowns, but can we be done with the tornadoes for awhile....PLEASE?
Pics to come soon, but...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JASON!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Jason! I mentioned it to Diane last week and then I completely forgot about it. My apologies. We certainly hope you had a good one and that you are all safe and sound.
Much love to you all,
Uncle Jan and aunt Diane