Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Posted by Lauren P. at 7:52 PM
Sunday we went to church and heard an awesome message from Rick...then we went over to the Witte's for lunch...thanks Megan for a great meal!
We were able to catch up with Megan and Dave and my parents always love seing their "other" daughter! Megan took more pics of Riley...they are getting a post of their own because they are AWESOME!
Sunday evening Grammie and JoePa babysat while Jason and I headed downtown for the annual Riverfest...fried foods, great people watching, and live entertainment! We saw Robert Earl Keen who is a great Texas country artist that we have seen many times...it was a lot of fun! We saw fireworks as we were leaving and I even got to have a corn dog and ice cream...they make a special flavor every year just for Riverfest and this year's was watermelon..it even had candy seeds in it...yummy!
Monday we celebrated Memorial Day...thanks to all of those who have served our country and protected our freedom! We had a nice lunch with my parents and Jason's family before Grammie and JoePa had to leave...we miss you already!
After we saw Grammie and JoePa off we headed to the Burns for a cookout...more eating...do you see a trend here? Derek and Tara has just purchased an inflatable pool for Kaleb to play in and Riley got her try at hanging out in the pool for the first time. Now just for the record she has a super cute swimsuit from Aunt Patrice but I didn't know swimming would be involved so we did not bring it with us...therefore Riley had an Arkansas baby moment as she swam with her sunglasses, binky, and diaper!
She really enjoyed the pool...especially playing with her ducky...thanks to Andrea for helping keep the ducky within arms reach!
We played washers, ate good food, and just enjoyed great times with our friends...thank you Andrea for the great birthday cake! As you can see we had a fun filled weekend and Riley was pooped by the end of it all!
Posted by Lauren P. at 6:48 PM
Monday, May 19, 2008
Thank you Megan...these are precious to me!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:00 AM
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Posted by Lauren P. at 4:00 PM
Saturday, May 17, 2008
- Sleeping at least 9 hours every night, but moving toward a consistent 10...we have established a nighttime routine and she is always super ready for her bed and she snuggles with one of her buddies every night until she falls asleep
- Grabbing for not only her toys, but EVERYTHING...including mom's jewelry, people's faces, cameras, and today she even started grabbing at her bow and pulling it off...oh no!!!
- Rolling over from belly to back and with a little help from back to belly...she isn't super anxious to get moving and we're not going to push her to move any sooner than she wants to because that will be a total change for us!
- Laughing...I will post some videos of her laugh which is completely there now and so cute!
- Sitting up with assistance from either the bumbo or someone propped behind her...left alone she falls forward and just tries to stick her feet in her mouth...it looks very uncomfortable, but she doesn't seem to mind
- Constantly putting her feet in her mouth and loves to be in that pose at all times!
- Eating solid foods...we started out with cereal once a day, then we added solids starting with peas and now we are on to squash...she eats lunch every day at daycare (a solid mixed with cereal) and then solids at home with us for dinner...she still has 4 total feedings! This girl loves to eat and hasn't seemed confused by different tastes...I have a feeling she is going to eat anything we put in her mouth!
Looking back at her milestones for month 4 it seems like she has taken great leaps in one month...this was a period of a lot of change and the transition from newborn to baby...it is so fun to teach and watch her try new things!
Posted by Lauren P. at 10:55 PM
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:42 PM
Playing in the front yard...doesn't that smile just make your day?
Today was such a great day...Arkansas has seen some major weather these past few months and the normal Spring weather has been interrupted by frequent storms and tornadoes, but today was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We spent much of our day outside and it was great! We had the Burns family and the Yazwinski family over for hamburgers and MANY other side dishes...you don't go hungry when you come and eat at the Purcell house! We ate outside and sat there for several hours afterwards just talking and enjoying the nice weather. After our company left Jason washed cars and dogs and Riley and I played in the front yard for an hour and a half...it was just so stinkin' nice outside we couldn't resist!
The whole gang hanging out after our feast!
Jason getting / giving kisses to the puppies...they are so nice and clean...they NEEDED baths!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:23 PM
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Well this is a first for me, but I have been tagged by my dear friend Nicole who reminded me of a great story where I horribly burnt some popcorn in her microwave when I was hanging out at her apartment in high school...it was hilarious! I am supposed to post three random things about myself so here goes:
1. I am a horrible nap taker...I have never really taken naps well because I am the type of person that wakes up in a panic when I nap because I am afraid I have missed something...I hate to miss things! I have to admit that I have gotten better at napping since Riley has been in my life b/c there is nothing better than snuggling with your little girl, but when I think of the perfect day I don't think I would have a nap in there anywhere...silly me!
2. My biggest pet peave is smacking...CAN'T STAND IT! That will be the first table manner that Riley learns is to chew with her mouth closed. Sometimes Jason will smack his gum in my ear just to get a rise out of me...what a sweetie!
3. I used to be "ghetto"...many of you know the story / stories behind this but a brief synopsis would be that I wanted a candy apple red empala with hydraulics for my first car...this was a brief stage I went through in 8th grade and then I met Jason my freshman year in high school and he "converted" me! HaHa!
Well I hope that suffices...by the way Nicole...I always think of how you would hang up your clean clothes in your closet inside out! That always cracked me up!
I tag Becky, Megan, and Tara...tell us some random things about you!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:51 PM
Monday, May 12, 2008
A special shout out to my mom who spent her Mother's Day in Vegas...what happens in Vegas Mom stays in Vegas! Thanks for being you and for all you have done for me and taught me...you are the best and we miss you soooooooooooooooooooo much! I hope you had a special day too!
To top off my Mother's Day Riley rolled over from her belly to her back for the first time...she was hanging out on our bed for a little tummy time and I watcher her get on her side and roll all the way over... she just smiled huge when I started going crazy! She did it once more and then she had had enough and she hasn't showed her dad yet!
P.S. - Mom got into her nice pre-preggo work pants this morning...woohoo!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:24 PM
As you can see shopping is all about Riley now and I wouldn't have it any other way! She and I have gotten to spend some quality time together just us girls lately! Dad went fishing Friday night and Saturday morning so we had a girls night / day...it was so much fun. I love every moment I spend with this little girl! Friday night we napped on the couch together, played, had a bath, and Riley was asleep by 9:30 and didn't make a peep until 7:30 Saturday morning...mom got some nice sleep! Saturday we went to visit Jamie, Seth, and Baby Gabe...boy is he a cutie! Then we went to visit Elizabeth and Baby Joel and then we went shopping! Saturday night we celebrated Frank's birthday with a nice dinner at Loca Luna and while we were eating all kinds of yummy food Riley got to try sweet peas for the first time...what a lucky girl! We had watcher all over the restaurant as we all stared to see how her first bite would be and she just ate like a champ...no question she is Jason's daughter!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:14 PM
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:11 PM
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Mom and Riley...relaxing after Jen's shower!
Naps with Dad will always be a special time for her and Jason...this is what I came home to Tuesday night...how sweet! Do you think she's gotten bigger...compare to the picture below taken in January!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:50 PM
The girls threw another shower this past weekend for Jen and Baby Chandler...we did a brunch and it turned out beautiful and the food was great! We had a good turnout including 5 babies at one point...aaahhhh!! Even with all 5 babies, there were moments of no crying from any of them...amazing. The twins were there, Riley and Kaleb were there, and baby Sydney was there at only a week and a half old...come on Jamie you so should have been there...Gabe was already 3 days old! HaHa! There were also 3 babies in utero...Chandler, Deacon, and Stella! My goodness how the babies are coming!
Riley and Kaleb were able to play together before the shower began and boy were they into one another...check out how Kaleb is sweetly touching her face. The "sweetly" is only how it appears in the picture because in reality his little arms are moving a mile a minute and he is more like banging his hand on Riley's face while she looks in puzzled confusion. This picture is so cute though!
Here's Riley telling Sydney just how happy she is that Stella is healthy and how excited she is that she will have another girl to play with...we can't wait to meet you Stella!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:38 PM
Apparently socks are just as tasty as feet as you can see here! It's the beginning of the days where EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!
Posted by Lauren P. at 8:32 PM